Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

So it was Easter yesterday - I love Easter so much! What a wonderful reminder that we serve a risen Savior! Aaron's family spent the whole weekend with us, and my family came down for the day on Sunday, so it was a treat to get to have so many visitors to celebrate with! Here are a few pictures of our adventures. 

Here's Henry and Grandpa Chris hanging out on the couch

 Aunt Heather took advantage of a few moments of sunshine to hit the deck. I don't think Henry is quite used to sun yet - being a native Oregonian born in February, he won't see much sun for the first four months or so of his life! 



Uncle Ben getting him hooked into the swing - Henry likes the swing now, which is a good thing, since it allows me to unload the dishwasher, fold laundry, brush my teeth, etc!

My Dad brought the most amazing ham for Easter dinner. And he also throws together a killer meat and cheese tray. It's an easy way for me to spoil my appetite for the real dinner. So since the ham was so good, and the appetizers were so tasty, I just ended up eating, like, twice as much as I usually would. Gotta love holiday meals. 

So speaking of food, I made a triple batch of sugar cookies. I even managed to bake a few, with what little dough there was left after I made it (eating the dough is the best part, right?) Then, we decorated the few cookies that didn't get immediately eaten after being pulled out of the oven (the next best thing to dough, right?) 



Here are my parents hanging out with Henry. They think he's all right. 

Viki and Heather resting from all that cookie frosting! 

So I went to the Saturday Market to get some flowers for the table - love the tulips! And yes, since you asked, I made the table runner. It is two pieces of fabric sewn wrong sides together and then flipped rightside out. It's the only sewing technique I know how to do. I can sew exactly 5 things: aprons, burp rags, blankets, pillowcase purses, and quilt squares. But now, with the addition of table runners, my repertoire boasts 6 items! Yippee!

So I made this pie for dessert. I've made it like, a million times. It's basically a giant chocolate chip cookie in the form of a pie. Aaron and I LOVE this pie. Turns out we are the only ones! Apparently it's too rich and too chocolate-y for people who haven't killed off their taste buds for sweets with too many sugary things like we have. What does this say about us? We should back off on the sweets? Well, that's not going to happen. More pie for us. 

Ready to eat! 

So this is how my Dad spends all of his time when Henry's around. No joke. 

Just hanging out...







And if that wasn't enough Easter fun for ya, how ridiculous are these ears?! 
At first he was like, "Yeah, I dig this, I know I look cute, I might smile."

But that quickly turned to "Are you kidding me? Really? Bunny ears? Get them off, now!"
 Too funny!
Hope you and yours had a wonderful Easter! 

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Megan--the one of the three of you is A-DORABLE!!! We sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice family story to share with Henry =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so blessed with such a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete