Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Few Good Pictures

So Henry will be double digits on Thursday - 10 weeks old! How the time flies. I thought I'd just put a few photos up of the past few weeks to show you (all 3 of you readers) a little bit of our daily life. Since I'm home with him all day long, there are a ridiculous amount of opportunities to take insanely cute pictures of this child. Just ridiculous.

So in the morning, Henry and I go for a nice long walk. Unless it's raining. In which case we continue to watch 'Friends' (thanks Eads family!). But in case it's nice, this is what Henry wears. He's nice and cozy in a warm outfit that Grandma Defferding made for him. 

 Then, we usually take a picture on my cell phone to send to my parents, since they live in Portland, which they are convinced is FOREVER away from Eugene, and they want to see him daily. Can you blame them? Truthfully, I'm pretty sad that we're not closer to them and Aaron's parents, so sending them pictures helps us all feel a little better about the distance between us.  I usually spend all day looking at Henry, evaluating when he is at his cutest, so that I can capture it and send it to them. This can be tricky, since he is exceptionally cute. But it gives me something to do, and goals are important when you're home alone all day with someone whose most effective communication technique is spitting up. Anyway, here's an example of a daily update:

Speaking of spitting up, this child does so much of it, with so much proficiency, that if they had awards for babies who spit up, he would win every time. The result? A lot of laundry.

Anyway, there's a great park near our house, so sometimes on our walk we stop and play there. I'm looking forward to him being big enough to actually enjoy playing!


We get quality tummy time in every day, since I recently heard a scary thing about how kids who don't spend time on their stomachs often are delayed crawlers, or don't crawl at all, and kids who don't crawl often have difficulties in reading. So onto his tummy he goes!

How cute is that bottom??

He also loves to spend time on his playmat. He seriously loves that thing. 

Aaron's cousin Rebecca made the awesome Star Wars onesie. Those are Henry's initials on the left side of the shirt in a Star Wars language - I don't remember which one (sorry Rebecca)!  

Aaron comes home to join us for lunch, which is super great. He gets to spend time with Henry, and I get to have a little adult conversation! It's a win-win all around. Here they are enjoying a lunchtime snuggle. 

So that's pretty much a normal morning. Errands, visiting with friends, and naps make up the afternoons. I feel so, so, so blessed to be off work and enjoying this time with Henry. 


Last week Henry had his two month doctor's appointment, which means that he had his first shots. I was really nervous, but it ended up being not so much a big deal. The nurse was really great, and she did all three shots so quickly that they were over before we knew they had started. Henry screamed for a minute or two, and then I fed him and he calmed right down. He was a little cranky that day, but overall, he handled it like a champ. Here are some shots of his shot (ha, ha...get it? I am soo lame.)


 





10 comments:

  1. He's so cute and snuggly. I miss the snuggly age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Cute pictures and great reading! He gets cuter every day He is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it--he's so stinkin' cute! Was so glad to see him for the first time last week. Before you know it, he'll be precariously climbing the stairs to the slide at your park all by himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look! 4 comments...you have 4 readers! Super precious update. I miss those early days, cherish them. Sounds like you are filling your days quite nicely. Good work getting out on walks each day. He is simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you just a creative monkey...and by the way, this makes me reader FIVE...miss "only three readers"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such an adorable update! He is so handsome! I can't wait to meet him in June! (ps. Reader # 6 here at least...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was beginning to think the "Daily Defferding" was a thing of the past. Thanks for the cute update and the darling pictures. He is just TOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you all read this - it makes it worth the times I was typing with Henry in my arms, threatening to knock the laptop off my lap. :) I guess even if no one read it, it's fun to record my thoughts. I liked blogging way more than I thought I would. Maybe I'll be taking over this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the pictures and the posts! Can't wait to hold him - tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even if I don't comment... I read :)

    That makes at least 9, you know.

    ReplyDelete